Mosquito Trap Reviews, Comparisons & Ratings
Mosquito Traps are amongst the best devices out there for anyone wanting to control and kill mosquitoes. To find out the mosquito trap best suited to your needs, use our checklist to help narrow down the search.
- What performance/features do you need the mosquito trap to have?
- Will the trap be safe for you to operate in your environment?
- Will the trap operate reliably?
- What are the running costs?
- Will the trap be easy to maintain?
- Can you expect to receive a high standard of after sales service?
Not all mosquito traps are as effective as they claim to be. Find out what works, what doesn't and what others have to say about their purchases in this one-stop mosquito trap review shop. We constantly review our site to provide the latest and most up-to-date mosquito trap reviews on the web. Check out the latest offerings from Dynatrap®, Mega-Catch™ and Mosquito Magnet® including the all new for 2013 Mosquito Magnet® Commander trap with cordless/wireless technology.
"I should mention that I live in the Santa Barbara foothills. Though the squeeter population is nothing like Florida et al it does have sufficient squeeters to keep my wife indoors at night. The Mosquito Magnet® had been partially successful but the research papers on the Mega-Catch Ultra caught my attention. The PRO 900 sucked me in what with its amazing array of adjustments. I was especially attracted to the timer option which allows me to only run it for the times that I wish... early morning and dusk. And I loved the idea of using a CO2 cylinder rather than creating CO2 with a constant flame using propane." Source
"I have a SkeeterVac SV5100 that is going into it's second year of service as of spring 2011.
The SkeeterVac has definitely helped to reduce the mosquito population, but it does not eliminate them all. I have found this to be an effective device to manage the population, especially when used in concert with other methods to reduce the mosquito population." Read more
- Feedback from mosquito trap reviews which will contain both negative and positive comments; consumer reviews are subjective after all.
"I admit I was skeptical when I first purchased the Dynatrap. I am a city dweller, and we had a terrible mosquito issue in a passageway next to my home. I didn't want to use a bug zapper for the noise issue and didn't want to use the mosquito magnet for environmental reasons. Plugged the thing a day and a half ago and voila!- I've caught literally small piles of them. Very pleased with the results so far." source
The Mosquito Magnet® Executive Trap. “It troubles me to think that something that burns fossil fuels (propane) can be considered a GREEN product. I've seen this listed on someone's "green products" list!?!? I think they have it all wrong!” source
“I’m getting good results with the Alpha here in South Texas. I have it on my back patio and capture about 30-40 mosquitos every night. I run it from about 5pm to 7 am. It seems as if I have several different species." source
- Ratings at a glance for each of the brands/models – 5 stars for the top rating trap and 1 star for the lowest rating.
- A full run down of known issues and common problems associated with the various mosquito traps.
Click on the following links for an in depth evaluation of each of the brands reviewed:
Mosquito Trap Reviews
- Mosquito Traps Near Burning Man Festival Test Positive For West Nile Virus
- Summerís Mosquito Fight Begins With Mosquito Traps
- Mosquito Traps to Test for West Nile Virus
- Mosquitoes are back and West Nile Virus Testing begins
- Mosquitoes have met their match
- City of Dallas Prepares for WNV Season with Mosquito Traps
- Mosquito Traps to fight Dengue Fever
- New Findings May Help Control Disease-Carrying Mosquitoes
- New Findings Could Lead to Better Mosquito Repellants and Traps
- Mosquito Trapping To Continue in Phoenix
Each year 350-500 million cases of malaria occur worldwide.